Finally a Blend for a Shirt with alpaca that fits everyday needs. This Blend of Alpaca, Cotton, and Tencel has a wonderful feel. Wear by itself or as under gear sportwear.
Colors are the same grey and blue as the straight cut. No black available.
55% Pima Cotton 20% Baby Alpaca 20% Tencel 5% Polyamide
The term “baby” refers to the category of the fiber, not to the age of the animal. The micron count of baby alpaca is between 18 and 20 microns.
- Sizes follow American sport companies.
- What makes alpaca wool/fiber so special?
- As soft and fine as cashmere
- Alpaca wool has extraordinary thermoregulatory properties, making it an ideal insulator. Thermoregulatory properties mean that alpaca wool keeps you warm in winter, but also protects you from the heat in summer.
- Hypoallergenic. It doesn’t contain Lanolin, which is traditionally found in sheep’s wool and irritates many wearers upon contact and is also sometimes blamed to cause allergies.
- More warmth and higher wicking properties than merino wool.
- While alpaca is not waterproof, it is considered water-repellent.
Alpaca fiber is collected throughout the Altiplano region of Peru by collectors that bring the raw fiber to processing centers. Artisans then take the alpaca yarn, made from 100% alpaca, to create finished garments. The alpaca are sheared once a year and the process is ethical, animal friendly, and often done with indigenous methods.
- Hand finished and made in Peru.
- Alpaca fibers also offers these benefits compared to other fibers:
- Superior breathability
- Won’t mat or pill
- Naturally windproof
- Flame resistant
- Low static
- Stain resistant
- Resists acquired odors
- Has a natural sheen
- All natural and biodegradable
Finally, we want to emphasize that alpaca wool is absolutely environmentally friendly. Raising the animals doesn’t harm the environment.
There are no reviews yet.